- Definition of Personal Information
- Personal information refers to information pertaining to an individual that can be used to identify that individual, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address, and other online identifiers.
- Collection of Personal Information
- When the Hiroshima International Tourism Association collects personal information through this website, we will specify the purpose of collection in advance and only use it within the scope necessary to achieve the stated purpose. Moreover, as a general rule, the provision of information is at the user's discretion.
- Use of Personal Information
- Personal information provided to us by users will be used within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of collection, which is specified in advance.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following cases:
- We have received the consent of the individual;
- It is disclosed in such a way that the individual cannot be identified;
- It is disclosed to a company or entity (such as a contractor) with which the Hiroshima International Tourism Association has signed a non-disclosure agreement to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use; or
- We are required by law, ordinance, etc. to use the information for another purpose.
- Management of Personal Information
We will manage the personal information collected from users properly and take appropriate measures to prevent leaks, misappropriation, alteration, etc.
Personal information that is no longer necessary will be deleted without fail and without delay.
- Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
- If the user wishes to check or correct their own personal information, and contacts the division that manages the web page where they filled in their personal information, we will respond within reason in prompt fashion.
- To determine the cause of problems occurring on the web server and solve them
- To make improvements to the content of the website, e-mails, etc. to better satisfy our customers
- To customize the content of the website, e-mails, etc. according to the customer's use
- To use the information for statistical analysis in a format in which the individual cannot be identified
*Cookies are small pieces of information sent from the web server to the customer's browser for efficient online operations. An IP address is a number that is used to identify the computer that is being used.
- Compliance with Related Laws and Ordinances
The Hiroshima International Tourism Association has established the policy below for handling the personal data of users of the Visit Hiroshima website who live within the European Economic Area (EEA). Personal data refers to data that can be used to identify an individual, including their name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, company name, IP address, and other online identifiers.
Handling refers to tasks implemented in relation to personal data, whether manual or automatic, including collecting, recording, configuring, structuring, saving, adapting/modifying, searching, referencing, using, disclosing, disclosing by sending/transmitting, or otherwise providing for use, sorting/combining, restricting, deleting, and destroying it.
1. Purpose of Handling of Personal Data
Personal data is used for marketing surveys and various promotions to improve user experience when using the Visit Hiroshima website.
2. Additional Handling
In the event that personal data is to be handled for purposes other than the above, we will notify the user in advance of the new purpose of handling and other matters as stipulated by applicable laws.
3. Consent to Handling of Personal Data
The Hiroshima International Tourism Association may ask users to provide personal data related to provision of services and information via the Visit Hiroshima website. If the user elects not to provide that personal data, the Hiroshima International Tourism Association may not be able to provide said services and information.
The Hiroshima International Tourism Association has implemented organizational and technical safety control measures in accordance with "9. Safety Control Measures" with respect to handling of personal data received from users.
(1) If said third parties are located in countries outside of the EEA that do not have data protection laws similar to the EEA, they will not be granted many of the rights established for data subjects within the EEA.
(2) Their personal data will be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA.
(3) Their personal data will be transferred, and a third party outside of the EEA to which we disclose the data will process it to achieve the purposes set forth above.
In the event that the Hiroshima International Tourism Association transfers personal data to a third party located in a country outside of the EEA, we will ensure that sufficient measures are in place to protect the personal data by such means as signing an agreement with said third party that contains standard contract clauses based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
5. Rights of Data Subjects
Users may request access, correction, deletion, or processing restrictions; file objections to processing; and make requests for data portability in relation to the personal data held by the Hiroshima International Tourism Association in accordance with related laws and ordinances.
Users may also file objections to processing of their personal data with the data protection authorities having jurisdiction over the Hiroshima International Tourism Association or the location where they reside.
Last updated on March 31, 2019